Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Analyst Indirect Tax
This position reports to the EMEA Indirect Tax Manager and has the main responsibility to manage all Eaton VAT related activities and flows in accordance with the Turkish and GCC VAT Legislations, as well as to manage the EMEA wide risks pertaining to VAT accounting and reporting.
- Conduct accurate calculations, backed-up with due documentation, and be able to submit VAT refund claims for Eaton entities (where and when in VAT refundable positions) in Turkey and Middle-East region.
- Coordinate periodic VAT reporting for Eaton businesses in the region, with support of Eaton Operations and Eaton Indirect Tax Compliance Center of Excellence, to ensure timely preparation and submission of all VAT returns, and VAT payments in line with Eaton VAT Controls Framework.
- Coordinate, manage and ensure timely response to queries from tax authorities, including local VAT audits.
- Research, monitor and analyze indirect tax legislation and regulations, and changes in Eaton businesses, and assess and report impact on those changes.
- Conduct VAT risk assessment in line with Eaton VAT Controls Framework, and report on monthly basis new findings and actions taken to mitigate risks pertaining to VAT accounting and reporting.
- Help design, define, implement and test VAT aspects in various projects, being part of a project team or by providing active support to Eaton Project Manager(s) and other business functions.
- Communicate and correspond with Eaton Operations and maintain excellent relationships with them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, professional accounting or tax qualification is considered a great asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate complex topics in an effective and concise manner.
- Very strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Good command of English, both verbal and written. Knowledge of other languages highly desirable.
- Expertise in compliance processes related to indirect taxes and practical experience with preparation and filing of tax returns, and VAT refund claims
- Strong research skills, experience with tax databases highly beneficial
- Experience with ERP systems, tax technology and tax compliance processes highly beneficial.
- Four to five years professional experience with exposure to international environments.
- Exposure to US GAAP or IFRS, Sarbanes Oxley or similar Internal Control procedures.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Middle East
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No