Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Project Design Engineer
- Provide applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems studies, design, installation, startup, maintenance, repair and training.
- Self-management of assigned projects and job cost accountability to perform work within budgeted cost estimates.
- Interpret specs and customer inquiries and design technical proposals and pricing for customers
- Short-Circuit, LV/MV Coordination, Arc Flash
- Ability to run medium studies and projects unassisted
- Ability to interpret customer requirements with limited assistance
- Ability to utilize technical field experience to create strong design packages including single lines, three lines, schematics, communication diagrams, interconnection diagrams, plan views, elevations, and construction sequencing drawings.
- Ability to author job specific specifications and review vendor bids for specification compliance.
- Testing and Commissioning of Complex Electrical Systems
- Ability to self-motivate and work remote from other team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with electrical design
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Kennewick, WA, Bellevue, WA, Spokane, WA, or Wilsonville, OR facility will be considered.
- Power System Engineering experience
- Substation Design Experience
- Hydro Electric Experience
- Industrial Electrical Power Distribution Equipment Replacement Experience
- AutoCAD and/or Microstation Experience
- NEC and NFPA code Familiarity
- Automation of Electrical Power Systems experience
- PE license
- Generator controls experience (exciters and governors)
- Advanced relay protection experience
- PLC and DCS programming experience
- Process control experience
- Candidate must have a strong focus on customer satisfaction and a track record of successful project design experience to deliver technical solutions to customers.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, with ability to be flexible to adjust to changing project conditions.
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Experience with CAD is required.
- Strong document control and organizational skills are required.
- Travel is required.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time