Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Power Systems Controls Engineer
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
The Power Systems Controls group is a full-service automation team. We have capabilities in design, engineering and commissioning of automation solutions for commercial, industrial, and utility grade power systems. Our team of engineers and technicians are experienced in a variety of power system applications and are responsible for implementing modern control designs for our customers.
- Programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- Programming of SCADA RTU’s: Eaton SMP Gateway, SEL RTAC, NovaTech, etc.
- Designing and Implementing Communication Networks for SCADA applications.
- Write and deploy complex power transfer and other control schemes including Main-Tie-Main transfer schemes, load shedding/ peak shaving schemes, breaker control schemes, SCADA system development, and generator control.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of experience programming SCADA RTU’s and/or Industrial PLC’s.
- Minimum 2 years managing and deploying power automation projects.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working directly with contractors and customers on a technical basis.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the work location. No relocation will be provided for this position.
- Professional Engineering license
- General Contractor’s license
- Knowledge and understanding of best engineering practices for design of automation systems, power management systems, human-machine interface software, PLC programming, etc.
- Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Advanced understanding of the company’s and competitor’s automation and power management systems and services.
- Computer literacy. Working knowledge of all software packages relevant to successful performance of tasks.
- Knowledge of parts, part masters, bill of materials.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with automation and power management systems.
- Has demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Experience with HMI (Human Machine Interface) software and power monitoring software packages.
- Experience with AutoCAD
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time