Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Corporate Sector is seeking a Senior Auditor. The Senior Auditor will be based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
Auditor is responsible for assisting in preparing, planning and performing
internal audits and special projects to evaluate the effectiveness and
efficiency of internal controls, business processes, and procedures at Eaton
- Conducts audits in assigned areas, under the supervision of the audit leader, in accordance with audit programs to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, business processes, and procedures at Eaton operations.
- Prepares written audit findings and recommendations for discussion with local management.
- Participates in opening and closing meetings with local and senior management.
- Produces clear, concise, neat, accurate work papers in timely way.
- Presents audit outcome in a clear and concise manner.
- Follows-up and reviews implemented management action plans and audit findings remediation under the direct supervision of the Audit Manager/Supervisor.
- Serves as team member and participates in special projects, on an as needed basis.
- Travels up to 30%.
- Maintains cultural awareness and is able to work with professionalism in multicultural/multilingual environment in other countries.
- Able to read/write/speak comfortably in English.
- Performs EY direct assistance and SOX QARs with minimal supervision of Audit Manager/Supervisor
- Completes all company and departmental specific on-boarding requirements
- Operates as a team member with one of Internal Audit's continuous improvement teams: Audit Observation Trending Report (AOTR), Test Steps/Data Analytics, Knowledge Sharing and Guest Auditor.
- Gathers information as part of the annual Risk Assessment process, Identifying risks and weaknesses and to the preparation of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Counsels as an expert (for moderate to low level complexity issues) for accounting, compliance and Internal Controls matters
- Represents Audit Supervisor taking on certain assigned activities under the direct supervision of the project leader.
- Prepares recommendations to address audit moderate to low complexity issues.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is required.
- Minimum 3 years of internal/external audit or finance experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Specific Audit experience
- ERP system experience (Oracle/SAP)
- Exposure to cost accounting
- Knowledge in IFRS and U.S. GAAP or local GAAP (outside U.S.).
- Proficient in Internal Audit key concepts (risk-based audits, financial audits).
- Proven experience in documenting and testing controls.
- Proven experience in identifying risks and weaknesses and developing audit procedures to assess the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls to mitigate risks.
- Proficient in accounting methods and applicable financial accounting requirements, under U.S. GAAP.
- Strong knowledge of Tax, Risk and Treasury strategies applicable to business.
- Proven experience in working in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with common Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Oracle, SAP and MFG/Pro.
- Ability to identify weaknesses and develop and present recommendations for improvements to local management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to make sound recommendations, and to articulate benefits / results to business unit goals. Ability to influence process improvement and suggest innovative process solutions.
- Understanding of basic components of project management and is able to break down large tasks into smaller components.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time