Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Firmware development engineer
Eaton's Innovation Center has an opening for a:
Senior Firmware Development Engineer
Location: Prague, Roztoky, Czech Republic
The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting, engaging, and fun place for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement, and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in an highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
With almost 100 employees we are a vibrant engineering and Innovation Center for electrical, vehicle, hydraulic, and aerospace applications for the region focus on businesses in Europe, Middle-East, & Africa .
• Development and testing of embedded firmware and hardware for Eaton building automation, power distribution and energy management solutions using the latest software technologies.
• Design and implementation of firmware for components/devices for Home/Building Automation , Power distribution and Energy management
• Design and implementation of communication, control and data management solutions in power distribution and power management area
• Preparing architecture and design documents
• Coding and unit testing of software applications
• Preparing test specifications
• Performs integration testing and debugging of firmware and hardware
• Provides support to field trials and early adopters
• Support maintenance of already existing software
• Study and deploy new software and communication technologies
• Experience in C / C++ /Assembler language programming
• Experience with Real Time Operating Systems RTOS
• Sound knowledge of analog / digital / embedded hardware
• General knowledge of firmware development processes
• Use of live cycle management systems (e.g. Polarion, SVN)
• English on communicative level
What Eaton offers:
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
• Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University (on-site in Prague).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time