At Eaton, we’re dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because that’s what really matters. And we’re here to make sure it works.
- Drive predictive performance on Reynosa Plant product and technology development activities utilizing Eaton Business System tools and processes.
- Lead execution of robust engineering processes and continuous improvement activities, including development, implementation & maintenance of standards for all products and manufacturing processes.
- Lead development and execution of strategic initiatives, allocation of engineering resources, and technology roadmaps for the Reynosa Plant.
- Ensure manufacturing processes are designed, implemented and improved to enable Operational Excellence through strong and extensive use and application of DFM/DFA, PFMEA & Lean manufacturing principles and tools.
- Drive internal/external innovation activities across Reynosa Plant engineering and technology functions.
- Develop organizational capability for Reynosa Plant engineering and technology functions.
- Develop close professional relationships with the Reynosa Plant customers and suppliers for developing new product requirements, major modifications of existing products or processes, prototype qualification test requirements, and to resolve product and process performance issues
- Establish Engineering balanced scorecard metrics and continuously monitor to improve team performance and alignment to regional and divisional goals
- Lead Engineering projects to improve manufacturing operations and reduce operational costs.
- Rapidly respond to both customer and internal technical support needs
- Champion on MESH (Eaton EHS System)
QualificationsHere’s what you need:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 7 to 10 years of engineering management experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing people
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Masters in Engineering or Business
Large-scale cross functional project team management experience
- Knowledge of Torque TCP and/or fuel systems technologies
- Program Management Certification PM
Familiarity and experience using DFSS and DFM engineering tools as well as a structured launch system
Ability to build and manage relationships with customers, manufacturing, and suppliers.
- Strong customer focus and excellent presentation, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, make decisions, and get results
- Experience in the design and development of new or improved products. Familiarity with basic technical engineering principles governing the design of product, such as fluid mechanics, stress analysis, material compatibility and heat treatment, valve gear dynamics and manufacturing techniques employed
- Strong business acumen: general knowledge of accounting, manufacturing, supply chain, and sales.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time