Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Supplier Development Engineer
Responsible for supplier quality systems/manufacturing capability assessment, and on-going performance improvement of suppliers in terms of quality, delivery, continuous improvement, and operational alignment with Eaton manufacturing plants and SCM organization for Hydraulics business in EMEA region.
Perform supplier capability assessments and SSAs as related to quality systems, process controls, manufacturing capabilities, and lean maturity
Actively support supply chain cost-out projects with suppliers, manufacturing plants, and engineering
Educate suppliers about Eaton supplier performance expectations
Train suppliers for the deployment of quality systems tools and techniques and Continuous Improvement in terms of material flow.
Lead internal 8D problem solving team related to defective purchase components. Work closely with suppliers, Eaton manufacturing plant, engineering, and supply chain organization
Lead cross-functional teams in development and deployment of consistent supplier quality related policies, processes, and procedures per ISO/TS 16949. Lead training sessions in educating all users worldwide.
Support plants / buyers in the implementation of WISPER application, proper use of WISPER and timely resolution of data integrity issues
Lead in publishing & communicating progress against SCM goals and facilitate improvements
- Min Bsc Mechanical or Industrial or other similar engineering fields
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Quality, Supplier Quality and/or Supplier Development
- Experience in Manufacturing Environment
- Business fluent in English
- Five years’ experience in Supplier Development
- Five years’ experience in Project Management
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) and Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Through knowledge of quality systems, methods and practices; ISO/TS 16949, APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, PPAP, SPC, 8Ds, 5WHY, Lean Manufacturing Tools & Techniques
- Auditor certificate is a plus
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Black-Belt
- Knowledge & experience with different metals commodities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time