Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
- Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Trains team members on the Work Station Risk assessment process, sets objectives for completing WSRA’s, reviews/approves. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Works to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Environmental programs including Waste water treatment, air permitting and hazardous and nonhazardous waste.
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH Prism to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion for the entire site
- Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 5 years of prior Environmental, Health, or Safety experience or a combination of those functions is required
- Minimum 2 years of prior management experience is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering or EHS discipline
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 6+ years of experience supporting an EHS function
- Knowledge of foundry processes and plating/painting
- Professional certification (recommended) (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent where available).
- Computer Skills: Microsoft office and excel applications.
- Ability to work with diverse groups, manage people, and coordinate/direct work of contractors.
- Ability to drive process improvements, get results, and drive change through others
- Experience with day-to-day application of Federal and state laws, OSHA and EPA regulations as well as MESH and worker's compensation.
- Understanding of critical Safety programs including such areas as Lockout tagout, Machine guarding, confined space, etc..
- Understanding of critical Environmental programs including such areas as Air compliance and permitting, Hazardous and nonhazardous waste, SPCC, Storm water pollution prevention, Waste water treatment compliance and others.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Required working knowledge and experience with computers
- Demonstrated Knowledge of ISO standards, industry regulations / processes related to EHS (e.g. OSHA, ISO 14001, MESH, VPP, etc.)
- Knowledge of applicable codes and regulations such as OSHA, IEEE electrical codes, EPA, and standards related to safety (NFPA 70, NFPA 70E-2015, MSHA, EM 385-1-1, IEEE C2-2012 national electric safety code 2012, NEC-2015, IEEE 1584), EPA, and state and local laws and regulations
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time