Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton, UK has an opening for a:
Location: Luton, Uk
MTL Instruments sit within the Eaton Cooper Crouse-Hinds (CCH) division and manufactures products for harsh and hazardous environments . The prime function of the Plant Manager role, based in Luton, is to drive improvement and optimise production, including processes, within budgeted expenditure levels and operational KPI targets whilst creating a high performance culture. The Plant Manager will also strengthen the end-to-end production processes (Production, Engineering, Supply Chain, Customer Services) to support established goals and objectives.
- Design long term strategies to optimize production (i.e. cycle times, inventory, delivery times) whilst effectively prioritizing on short term goals and objectives (consistent with Division guidelines) with speed and focus
- Take personal responsibility for, lead and make decisions to maintain Eaton standards for Operations and achieve specific operational KPIs (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Inventory)
- Provide direct management of the Luton team on all aspects relating to the manufacturing and controlling of production in the most efficient and profitable way by drawing on various aspects of information to make timely decisions
- Anticipate and deliver customer centric solutions to drive OTD targets on Supply Chain and Customer Services
- Own all profit planning for the plant and ensures that the objectives for the site are met within approved budget, schedules and quality specifications
- Drive the implementation of 5S, Lean Manufacturing, VAVE and Six Sigma methodology in plant, strive for world class manufacturing standards, visual management and pull
- Build meaningful partnerships with internal stakeholders and work collaboratively to set Plant priorities and achieve shared global MTL objectives around Continuous Improvement, Safety, Quality
- Ensure that Operational processes are in line with applicable national, divisional and corporate guidelines, procedures, laws and regulations and have these actively audited and monitored
- Drive performance of direct team and promote teamwork to ensure optimize performance of the plant and deliver results
- Create and foster a climate for learning and continuous improvement and through effective leadership, build a high performing team that apply skills and different perspectives
- Act as a role model for honesty, integrity and ethical decision-making in all situations and achieve results through the team by empowering decision-making and execution
- Degree in Manufacturing Engineering/ Industrial Engineering
- Experience is required of operations management with significant cost centre accountability with demonstrable history of year on year cost productivity and margin improvement
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Experience of consistent labour productivity improvement
- Experience and detailed understanding is required of complex manufacturing systems, particularly MRPII and JIT
- Understanding of ERP systems and World Class manufacturing techniques associated with Lean and Six Sigma
- Experience with Supply Chain management, low cost country sourcing and supplier selection and development
- Experience of HR management and employment legislation
- Experience of Financial management and legislation including P&L accountability
- Experience is required of medium volume, high variety, light assembly operations preferably in the electrical sector
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a focus on achieving results
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No