Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Field Project Manager
Eaton is hiring a Field Based Project Manager can be based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office, Pelham, Alabama office, or Smyrna, Georgia office.
The primary function of a Field Based Project Manager is to create value and establish the project order management process as a key differentiator from our competitors. This position is heavily involved in the electrical and mechanical details of major strategic project order and focuses on Heavy Commercial Construction, Data Center, Utility and Industrial Projects. The primary functions include; managing the technical aspects of major electrical assembly project orders by meeting customer specifications and timelines for products, documentations, and quality
1) utilize the Project Management team resources assigned to their project orders; 2) assess and apply in depth knowledge of sales planning services to internal clients in one or more specialty areas, requiring technical application; 3) upgrade existing processes, deploy new initiatives, and recommend new solutions based on analysis and customer trends; 4) ensure compliance with applicable processes and procedures to achieve business goals; 5) proactively use competitive information to leverage advantages of Eaton Corporation; 6) negotiate internally for resources and priorities needed for customers; and 7) improve financial position for Eaton and the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years’ of electrical industry experience
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Charlotte, North Carolina, Pelham, Alabama, or Smyrna, Georgia
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- PMP Certification
- Strong application of Power Engineered products
- 5+ years of electrical experience, Project Management experience
- Ability to apply project management methodologies and strategies to reduce potential project risk throughout the duration of the project lifecycle
- Capable of planning and executing presentations on specific products and services to internal and external customers in order to gain recognition and customer acceptance
- Knowledge of major competitors in the market and their alignment with distributors and major customers
- Knowledge on plant front-end scheduling, engineering, and manufacturing process and equipment cycle times
- Poses advanced computer skills in Advanced word processing, Spreadsheet, Vista, and Bidmanager
- Ability to present information to others in a persuasive way
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of an assignment and customer satisfaction
- Consistent demonstration of planning, leading, and communication results from executive changes
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and situations to achieve superior proactive project order management and customer service
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time