Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Production Welder -2nd shift
Eaton Power Systems has a 2nd shift Production Welder opening in Waukesha, WI (Badger Drive location)
Operates a mig welding machine and air grinder, assembling and welding tank covers, nut guards, doors, risers/sills, production orders, switch module cubicle components, and single/three phase cubicle components. Operator checks parts against prints to assure proper dimensions and locations. The welder is responsible for proper fit and appearance of finished part, according to quality specifications.
- Must determine if material is to specs., also checks prints foe E.C.O.’s N.C.R.’s, etc. and for latest revisions.
- Sets-up material in positioner, jig or fixtures. Also makes simple layouts when required.
- Welds or stud welds various types of hardware to part being built.
- Tack welds part, adjusting wire feed for proper size weld seam.
- Grinds excess weld and trims edges for fit of parts and appearance.
- Operates crane, electric stackers, and other mechanical assists to move, position and unload heavy parts and
- assemblies. Must know how to operate oxyacetylene cutting/carbon arc torch and how to replace mig torch body, lever
- switch and hoses from wire feed to torch body.
- High school graduate or GED is required from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience or Welding certification.
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Position not eligible for relocation. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No