Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager Standardization and Technical Office
Manager Standardization and Technical Office
Location: Vienna, Austria
- Drive strategy for the activities within the different standardization groups on a national and international level (IEC and Ceneleq) which improve the future profitability and growth potential of PDD
- Lead all standard’s LV(low voltage) and MV (middle voltage) activities
- Edit and approve technical communication, training and updates on wiring regulations, and enhance protection and safety concepts
- Work closely with PDD engineering, product management and marketing, EMEA and PDD segment management, and country sales organizations
- Make sure to communicate and enforce innovation, strengthen market position, and support growth opportunities
- Ensure that the new standards and regulations are implemented into the innovation process, especially by participating actively in national and international standardization working groups to influence the development process of Standards and to get information on modifications at a very early stage.
In more details:
- Provide administrative leadership and direction by securing compliance with standards, ISO 9000 series and ISO 14000.
- Guide career development of subordinates by conducting performance reviews and provides technical leadership and direction by supporting the team.
- Edit and approve papers for technical communication, train and update on wiring regulations and create protection and safety concepts.
- Provide intercompany communication interface by making relevant information available.
- Lead the Standardization and Technical Office team as well as all PDD committee member on a functional base.
- Design test programs for products or applications taking into account national and international standards and regulations, environmental aspects and market needs.
- Consultant to PDD development teams & projects in ES EMEA, ES Americas and ES APAC. Support application and standards issues; participate in the preparation of Pro-launch gates and sub-processes reviews (when required); mentor engineers on application & testing issues
- Conduct quarterly reviews internal and with the ES teams in Europe and Americas as well in China. Mentor teams on lab activities and application & standards trends.
- Consult with PDD product management and marketing and sales organizations representatives and assist with answering complex technical customer inquiries.
- Write technical papers; present technical seminars to customers, engineers and general audiences (such as marketing seminars)
- At least 5 years of related technical experience including at least 3 years of experience in standardization activities
- Demonstrates technical and personnel management skills
- Basic understanding of R&D developing processes
- Member of IEC working groups preferable, especially TC23, TC64 and TC121A
- German native speaker and advanced in (technical) English
- Familiar with electronic components such as circuit breakers, contactors
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time