Senior Industrial Engineer
Design, document and develop assembly tools, processes and procedures to facilitate new product introduction to production.
Lead production capabilities assessments utilizing the tools of Six Sigma to ensure high first time yield of new product introduction.
Maintain close communication with the new product development team, including product engineering, quality engineering and program management throughout all phases of new product implementation.
Establish risk reduction techniques to new product implementation into manufacturing to ensure schedule and cost goals are met.
Generate work instructions and routings utilizing SAP (MRP tool) to facilitate production.
Maintain a constant search for identifiable and measurable cost reductions through scrap analysis and technology applications.
Develop and implement programs/projects that support the business plan of plant management.
Assists in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing department and plant goals.
Implements, promotes and maintains a safe work environment by implementing a culture of accidents prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and application of rules. Identify, control and administer risk and danger in own area.
Promotes the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s ethics and values as well as quality policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Working knowledge and experience in all aspects of manufacturing, i.e. knowledge and operation of machine tools, layout, blue print reading, geometric, work measurement, and working within a structured team environment.
- Intimate knowledge of machining, molding, and assembly processes utilized for aerospace applications.
- Knowledge of how to evaluate the personality of others that you come into contact with and being able to use that to help you in achieving company goals.
- Knowledge of environmental laws and O.S.H.A. rules and regulation.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma analysis and how to implement manufacturing capabilities tools to achieve high first pass yield.
- Competent in SolidWorks modeling and drafting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- DFSS Green/Black Belt Certification
- Aerospace Industry experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time