Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager - UC Voice Support
Provide hands-on support and maintenance of the enterprise Cisco VoIP environment globally through the lifecycle of the following products: Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco voice servers/gateways, IP/TDM Networks, VoGAN/VoIP, Jabber, Softphones, IP phones etc.
Establish 24/7 Support global coverage/process for IPT technologies. Serve as in-region (North and South America) point of coordination for major issues or outages during the time zone.
Facilitate problem resolution leveraging proper channels including suppliers and internal resources.
- Chronic Issue Tracking & Reporting
Work with Site Support of NA and SA to ensure that UC systems are current, standard and under maintenance.
Gather regional requirements for UC services as input to Enterprise solutions
Lead global UC Voice support team members and provide career development guidance related to Eaton competencies and performance. Provide day to day direction & coaching in conjunction with other Enterprise Managers, who will be involved in some or all of the following types of activities.
Follow the Sun Support
- Investigation of new Technologies
Provide technical support on a worldwide basis to customer sites including the following technologies:
- Cisco Call Manager
- Cisco Unity Connection
Determine methods and procedures for solving complex technical issues encompassing hardware, software and networking.
Generate clear and concise documentation in the form of Knowledge Articles, FAQs and technical tips.
Work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth root cause analysis, and troubleshooting skills.
Act as a focal point for organizing a technical team, driving resolution and communicating status during critical, high impact incidents.
Communicate to the support stakeholders ensuring project/technology transition after a successful deployment of a new Cisco voice system.
Engage with vendors to collaborate on support and monitoring tools, roadmap and impact on support, and provide feedback on performance against service level agreements,
Drive high availability by maintaining current versions, firmware releases and vendor suggested improvements.
Effectively work with and provide guidance to other members of the team
Collaborate well with virtual teams
- 5 years of hands-on experience with Cisco IPT Technology required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in IT required
- 3 years of management experience required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Working with outside vendors (ie. Cisco TAC, Avaya, etc) to escalate technical support issues.
- Ability to write detailed technical training documentation for peers and also for end users.
- Proficiency in conducting virtual training for remote team members
- Familiarity with ITIL Framework
- Global team experience .
- Experience with Avaya telephony
- Knowledge of Contact Centers (IPCC) – UCCX/UCCE
- CCNA or higher certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time