Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Production Associate - Switchboard (Barriers)
This position is on 2nd Shift (Monday-Friday), with occasional overtime and weekend work per business needs. Initial training will begin on 1st shift for 1-2 months before fully transitioning to 2nd shift.
• Exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure quality criteria are met by review of documents, consciences assembly and proper employment of the switchboard quality verification checklist.
• Receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner.
• Perform assigned function from oral / written instructions, drawings, travel documents, Enovia system, and manufacturing information. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function.
• Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
• Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
• Ensure all safety and industrial hygiene requirements are maintained.
• Work from manufacturing information such as Kanban cards, MI’s, requisitions and oral or written instructions. Use of tape measures required.
• Serve as back-up for the Closeout Coordinator, work with members of the team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
• Perform Lean Initiatives.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
• Perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
• Exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem solving skills with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
Ability to read and comprehend front views, one line diagrams, bills of material and pick sheets.
Utilize various hand tools to assemble and verify quality in low voltage switchboard enclosures/assemblies in a Lean environment.
Working knowledge of Lean concepts preferred.
Computer literate preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No