Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Power Quality Division within our Electrical System & Services Group is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst. The Senior Financial Analyst will be based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
The Senior Financial Planning Analyst is responsible for preparing financial analysis and assisting in development of financial forecasts and closings of DPQ financial . They will collect financial data and insure conformity with corporate policies and procedures as well as prepare operational reports for presentation to management.
- Support the monthly closing & rolling forecast processes for the Distributed Power Quality (DPQ) business and provides high quality, timely, and accurate information for the leadership team and supporting functions.
- Performs analysis/reconciliations of balance sheet and miscellaneous P&L accounts on a monthly basis. Reviews and resolves variances. Prepares monthly Balance Sheet analysis and leads review with management.
- Aides in the coordination of the annual physical inventory and ensures the accuracy of inventory making adjustments and performing analysis as needed.
- Performs reporting requirements related to the DPQ Scorecard and distribution of results.
- Provides support in gathering, analyzing and consolidating the annual profit plan while serving as a liaison between the budget owners and finance.
- Work in team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
- Prepare and communicate insightful analysis for monthly reviews. Organize and deliver appropriate management reports to senior leadership.
- Analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives. Prepare meaningful variance analysis commentary for management.
- Assists with the recommendation, development, and implementation of process improvements in support of department goals.
- Serves as financial business partner to budget owners in monthly forecasting, financial reporting & analysis, and annual development of detailed department budgets.
- Perform journal entries and account reconciliations
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- All duties assigned by management and deemed pertinent to the continued success of Company and employee objectives and/or goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum of 3 years Finance or Accounting Experience is required.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Raleigh, NC facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Previous experience in systems including SAP and Khalix
- Two years of experience working in a manufacturing environment and/or two years of experience performing cost accounting/financial analysis
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; to communicate articulately, confidently, and professionally across many organizational levels and functions; and effectively build rapport with stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and organization savvy including training, collaborating, coaching, challenging assumptions and giving corrective feedback with tact and respect, sharing knowledge
- Ability to operate with high regard to integrity, trust, and confidentiality, ethics
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize numerous time critical tasks, assignments
- Ability to think strategically in a constantly changing business environment and market
- Working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD DPQ Distributed Power Quality
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time