Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
SCM Indirect Category Manager
Eaton has an opening for an SCM Indirect Category Manager in either Beachwood, OH; Eden Prairie, MN; Moon Township, PA; Raleigh, NC; Peachtree City, GA; Irvine, CA; Galesburg, MI; Van Wert, OH; Syracuse, NY; Roanoke, VA; or Kings Mountain, NC.
The Category manager is responsible for a supply chain category within our MRO manufacturing indirect spend and the role is responsible for the categories supply chain cost and supplier performance at up to 200 locations in the North America region with a spend ranging from $50m to $100m.
Responsibilities include the development and execution of category strategy, program and project management, supplier management and relationship management both with suppliers and internal stakeholders for the assigned categories across all Eaton businesses within the North America region.
- Leverage category knowledge to identify, establish and lead the development of a regional category strategy to meet business requirements - including cost reduction, supplier performance, working capital and supplier reduction objectives. Link with global strategy, where applicable.
- Manage a program of supply chain projects for the category / categories to meet business requirements - including cost, supplier performance, supplier reduction and working capital.
- Implement and execute projects using standard approach and processes working within multifunctional teams across multiple locations within the Americas region.
- Manage supplier relationships to meet cost and supplier performance requirements.
- Collaborate and build relationships with internal stakeholders to identify requirements and ensure supply chain meets the business requirements of the categories internal customers.
- Negotiate internally and externally to resolve issues
- Manage contract renewals and negotiations to meet commercial, schedule and regulatory requirements.
- Implement and sustain standard tools and processes to increase productivity and efficiency. Share best practices and lessons learned and promote continuous improvement culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in supply chain / category management / procurement.
- Minimum of 2 years’ of experience working in supply chain and procurement of indirect materials.
- No relocation offered; candidate must reside within 50 miles of Eaton location in Beachwood, OH; Eden Prairie, MN; Moon Township, PA; Raleigh, NC; Peachtree City, GA; Irvine, CA; Galesburg, MI; Van Wert, OH; Syracuse, NY; Roanoke, VA; or Kings Mountain, NC
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- Prior demonstration of strong sourcing and supplier management knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of indirect supply chain management, strategic requirements, challenges and solutions to win
- Prior demonstration of successful facilities management commodities and industry knowledge
- Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with a diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, engineers, operations and supply chain management personnel.
- Successful track record managing supply chain programs and/or projects
- Strong negotiations knowledge, skills, and experience. Prior experience with supplier negotiations
- Experience in supplier contract construction and contract management process
- Ability to leverage data and analytics to make informed decisions, including effective use of desktop analytics tools (e.g. Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to execute in a matrixed environment with strong influencing skills
- Knowledge of Lean methodology preferred with a demonstrated continuous improvement mindset
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, supply chain, business management or related field
- Professional supply chain related certification (e.g. CPM, CPIM)
- Industrial operations experience with BU and/or corporate
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time