Lead Engineer - Hardware LSD
Lead Hardware Engineer is responsible for leading technical projects from Life Safety Division and mentor product development team on competency development. Lead Engineer will be responsible for overall Hardware design and development of Product to meet project schedule and budget. Provide technical solutions, follow defined processes & lead in product development & technology innovations. Lead engineer actively engaged in development of product & technology roadmap, build subject matter expert.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
- Engages in design, development & testing of Embedded Systems
- Responsible for driving culture of innovation, learning & continuous improvement.
- Develop technologies which would improve product performance, reduce development time or reduce cost. Develop technology roadmap aligned with business strategy plans for the group.
- Provide technical guidance and direction for Life Safety Division in Fire and Security Systems Design
- Build customer relations, influence, negotiate to set realistic expectations with stakeholders
- Coordinates with Project Coordinator/ engineering leaders, Marketing Manager, Mechanical Engineering, Sourcing and Manufacturing personnel to develop the products in an organized and expedient fashion.
- Monitor progress and achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on development and support activities.
- Ensures new products meet our customer’s needs.
- Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and is able to articulate product and Hardware design . Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used as per DFSS.
- Own System Architecture Design, Hardware Design (Digital, High-Speed Design, RF Design, Analog and Mixed Signal) of Life Safety Products.
- Suggest and develop re-usable components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Fire and Security Systems products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories
- Protects intellectual property through patent disclosures
- Project milestone attainment
- Project completion
- Quality Compliance
- Error and debugging
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering from an accredited institution
• Relevant Experience of more than 10 years
• Experience in Analog, Digital and Mixed Signal Design
· Total relevant work experience: 10+ years.
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to technically lead, work with cross functional teams & provide solutions.
· Should have ability to influence and drive people / activities on complex technical issues.
· Extensive experience of full Hardware development life cycle including requirements management, design, development, verification & validation, qualification & certification testing in Electrical / Industrial applications.
· Hands on experience in defining the system / subsystem specifications, designing the system architecture and requirements for complex systems.
· Should have hands on experience on hardware architecture design, feature & performance specifications, 16/32 bit micro-controllers/ DSP based designs.
· Should have hands on experience in High Speed Design, Digital Design, Mixed Signal Design, RF design.
· Should have hands on experience on simulation tools like PSpice, LTSpice, Model Sim, etc.
· Strong knowledge of EMI / EMC certification and environmental compliances – UL /IEC / RoHS / REACH etc
· Hands on experience on various Communication protocols like RS232, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, wireless etc
· Good knowledge on PCB design guidelines for SI, high speed design & EMI/EMC.
· Good knowledge of regulatory and industry standard related to Fire Systems and Security Systems Development
· Strong analytical skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time