Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Firmware Team manager
• Build and improve the firmware team capability through recruiting, retaining and coaching talents and support staffs to provide VFD products development and engineering services to the VFD global product line.
• Train, develop and motivate subordinates to achieve their goals and review their accomplishments. Monitor performance of the team to assure product lifecycle sustaining, new product development, and technical support for manufacturing and customers.
• Supervise and track team behavior on routine works to align with VFD Engineering direction.
• Assure that efforts to drive firmware team efficiency through creative organizational management, effective use of engineering tools, appropriate training and continuous improvement.
• Understand customer requirements and assure appropriate product documentation, design standards, and material related specifications are developed to support current and future product development activities.
• Monitor industrial and technological changes in order to identify potential product improvement or cost reduction opportunities.
• Contribute technical concepts of new products to global VFD business growth.
• Synergy and leverage engineering capabilities across regions.
• Involve cross function review to identify risk on NPD engineering activities and work out mitigation plan.
• MS degree in related field with 4~6years experience required
• BS degree in related field with 6~8years experience required, from similar product development areas.
• Good background in at least one of the following areas – required:
o Motor drives or servo drives system development.
o Embedded system (ARM Cortex-M4) development experience.
• Hands-on experience on development, prototyping, and validation of power electronics or motor systems – required
• Proficient utilization of the following tools – required:
o C/C++ language
o IAR Embedded Workbench/CCS Embedded Workbench
• Experience in the following areas – preferred:
o Motor drives application
o Motor control algorithm
• Good English communication skills (oral and written) – required
• Strong interpersonal and team playing skills – required
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD Power Quality Division APAC
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time