Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Hardware Development Engineer
Senior Hardware Development Engineer
Location: Prague, Roztoky, Czech Republic
The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting, engaging, and fun environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in an highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
With over 100 employees we are a vibrant engineering and Innovation Center for electrical, vehicle, hydraulic, and aerospace applications for the region focus on businesses in Europe, Middle-East, & Africa.
Your task will be:
Development of analogue electronic hardware and embedded μC systems in the field of power distribution and circuit protection
You will work on:
• Technical feasibility studies for new functions, products and applications
• Design and prototyping of analogue, mixed signal & digital systems
• Simulation of circuits, component selection
• Development of firmware for embedded systems
You will support:
• Testing and certification process
• The manufacturing of test samples and initial production runs
• Field trials and early adopters
You will co-operate with:
• Category Manager & Supply chain to introduce new suppliers and components
• Technical departments: engineering, testing, certification, quality
• Production sites and product line representatives
BSc / MSc Degree in Electronic engineering
Analogue and digital system design and simulation, digital prototyping
C programming language for embedded systems
English on communicative level
Good team player, able to work as part of geographically distributed team
Nice to have:
EMC conform design
Power supply design AC/DC,DC/DC
AC and DC high current, high voltage switching technology
ARM Cortex based hardware architecture
Protocols and interfaces (e.g. IP/Ethernet, wireless interfaces, I2C, UART, SPI, etc.)
Development environment: Polarion, Spice, Matlab, Multisim
Testing: EMC, thermal, environmental and endurance
Experience in Project Management and agile development methods
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Unique, challenging projects in a friendly & collaborative team
• Diverse working environment - open and professional atmosphere at all management levels
• Focus on people, learning & development
• On site laboratories, strong ties with Czech universities
• Fantastic opportunities for sport, cultural, family, and outdoor activities
• Flexible working hours
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time