Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Program Manager II
- Manages the Profit and Loss of the NPD Program(s) and projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Executes IPT leadership across the Program. Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues.
- Coaches and provides feedback/rewards on performance indicators.
Supervises the Project Managers assigned to the Program.
- Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the program and project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment.
- Facilitates the implementation of program management processes at the site, business unit or Division.
- Manages effective customer communications. Provides overall Program interface with the customer. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements.
- Communicates and manages customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Ensures standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the program and project teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Maintain metrics for program for financials, quality, technical performance and delivery through all of the PROLaunch phases.
- Manages effective risk management. Works with IPT teams to define project risks, and pro-actively identify risk mitigation actions. Coordinates all risks and requirements of the program into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all projects into the programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- Manages customer contract, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization. Establish and negotiate pricing strategies by system and/or product, market and by customer. Develop contract negotiation strategies. Ensure effective change management process is utilized.
- Provides periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional, and group levels.
- Provides program updates on financials (ETC/EAC), and manages financial performance of projects for non-recurring cost (Program NRE Gross Margin) and recurring cost (Forecast Gross Margin) .
- Plays a key role in developing New business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
- Coordinates and monitors a One Eaton Aerospace program technical personnel across multiple sites.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of Program Management or Project Management experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beltsville, MD or Rumford, RI facility will be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experienced in Aerospace New Product Development (NPD) programs
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP)
- Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT) environment across multiple sites and customers globally.
- Fully demonstrating to proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer.
- Experience in Risk Management
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- May work in either Beltsville, MD or East Providence, RI.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time