Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Specialist, Advanced Manufacturing
- Lead the development and deployment of Capital Strategy for Hydraulics Group ensuring alignment with Business Divisions and Global Regions.
- Identify and develop technology roadmaps that support the overall Hydraulics Manufacturing Strategy.
- Conduct activities to identify positive cost opportunities within Hydraulics Group and deploy actions to capture the cost benefit.
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to launch new product.
- Coordinate the deployment of Advanced Manufacturing programs across Hydraulics locations and partner with site functional leads to standardize and update manufacturing processes.
- Capture and redistribute the experience of Process Knowledge Experts.
- Develop detailed manufacturing site simulation models to be used at the local site as well as Hydraulics Group levels for virtual evaluation and analysis. Provide strategy recommendations and status updates across regions and business groups.
- Coordinate the activities and deployment of Advanced Manufacturing technicians.
- Develop organizational capability through identification of talent and promote development of bench strength.
- Provide training as needed at Hydraulics locations in the use of prescribed decision making and process control tools.
- Research and evaluate technology for application to manufacturing processes.
- Partners with IT- MCOE to evaluate and deploy digital manufacturing tools and concepts to enhance and promote World Class Manufacturing capability.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Business from an accredited institution.
Minimum of five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
Minimum of five years’ experience working with large databases, machine controls, PLC, CMM systems
Minimum of two years of capital procurement experience
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Business
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering
Minimum of Eight years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
Minimum of five years’ experience leading a New Product Launch or Product Localization project
Minimum of five years’ experience with product costing, control plans, product routings, make vs. buy
Minimum of five years’ experience with ERP systems such as Oracle, MFG-Pro and JD Edwards
PMI project management certification
Six Sigma certification
Acted as lead in a capital project of $1,000,000 or greater
Practical experience implementing lean tools
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Has new product launch experience
Experience working globally across regions and other cultures.
New product launch experience
Experience with ERP systems such as Oracle, MFG-Pro and JD Edwards.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time