Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Lead Manufacturing Engineer for the Waukesha, WI facility.
This position is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organization. Additional responsibility includes executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements.
- Creates, trains and guides the optimal design and layout of cells and manufacturing flow lines considering safety/guarding, productivity, ergonomics, first time yield, process and test capabilities, machine uptime and machine efficiency, cost of non-conformance, inventory and waste. Creates and maintains standardize work elements (Balance charts, layouts, etc) to ensure all safety requirements are met and processes are operating with their defined specifications. Leads the research and development of new processes to meet or exceed the requirements of current/new products. Develops and integrates new processes and methodologies to provide competitive advantages for the business.
- Identifies potential safety hazards and provides input into the remediation process, ensuring equipment functionality meets required specifications. Enforces safety expectations, documents and communicates hazards and unsafe conditions, conducts training to team members on safety regulations and methods.
- Leads cost-out initiatives and promotes culture of continuous improvement. Leads teams that leverage the use of Lean and/or Six Sigma tools to solve problems within manufacturing. Drives initiatives to closure and monitors/drives associated metrics. Leads Continuous Improvement Kaizens/BPIs for the entire facility. Consistently evaluates value streams and visuals indicating process health and capture sources of variation that drive accountability in CI actions/process improvements. Supports leader standard work.
- Performs root cause and failure analysis. Applies critical thinking and problem solving skills to provide specified cost, quality, and performance in a safe and efficient manner. Teaches others in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Leads engineering efforts an participates in critical design reviews to minimize product costs and maximize useful life of products. Supports new product development projects to ensure design for manufacturability. Leads and participates on PROLaunch projects (NPD, STP, BPI, and/or AIF). Drives completion of PROLaunch activity matrix deliverables as appropriate to the manufacturing role. Monitors and drives metrics associated with PROLaunch stages and gates.
- Leads major projects that will impact the entire facility, develops project goals, budgets, and work breakdown structures. Proactively aligns cross functional resources such as production, quality, EHS, Maintenance, Engineering, and contractors/vendors to ensure that project goals are met. Develops and executes communication plans among project/program working groups, associated leadership teams, and other stakeholders.
- Leads and advocates sustained change that will have a breakthrough impact on results. Is an advocate of change management techniques such as ADKAR to effectively drive and sustain process improvements.
- Guides and instructs the capital equipment selection process. Develops and evaluates Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR's) for major new product or process programs and initiatives.
- Leverages advanced technology and innovation to improve the use and effectiveness of information systems. Seeks opportunities to eliminate waste associated with the flow of factory floor information.
- Active role in assessment processes within manufacturing environment. May act as a category lead or champion during an assessment process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- 3 years of prior Manufacturing Engineering experience required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Detailed knowledge and experience on lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, 5S, etc
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Proficiency in various software applications – i.e. SAP, Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, MS Office suite, MiniTab, etc.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, etc).
- Experience in PLCs and safety system design
- Understanding of ProLaunch (Project Management).
- Thorough understanding of production environments (low-volume/high mix and high volume/low mix) including safety/guarding requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of metal fabrication processes such as shearing, punching, forming, bending, laser cutting, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of manual and robotic welding
- Detailed knowledge of e-coat paint processes
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time