Human Resources Manager
Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America (VGNA) is looking for an HR Manager to support the VGNA functions. This position is located in either Galesburg MI or Southfield MI.
This position develops, implements and administers human resource policies, strategies and services which will maintain a positive employee relations climate that is in concert with and compatible with the corporate objectives for the VGNA Finance, Quality and SCM organizations.
- Facilitates the design and implementation of impactful change initiatives that ensure the best possible solution for all major constituents, including employees, customers, shareholders, etc.
- Participates in driving the Eaton Business System philosophy to ensure standard, high quality processes.
- Provide clear guidance to leadership regarding policies, practices, laws and regulations to ensure all human resource policies and programs are in compliance with local and governmental regulatory requirements and supports the achievement of both the short/long-term business objectives.
- Develops and deploys effective training process to meet the current and future needs of the strategic plans of the organization.
- Establishes diversity initiatives and maintains governmental compliance through EEO practices. Counsel and influences leadership to build an inclusive environment.
- Utilizes available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote Eaton leadership behaviors and results.
- Lead organizational capability reviews to assess pipeline strength, determine skill gaps and identify and implement necessary developmental actions.
- Implements, promotes and maintains a safe work environment by supporting a zero incident culture.
- Promotes the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s Code of Ethics, Values and Philosophy.
- Motivates and coaches employees and managers to maintain high levels of engagement, manager effectiveness, productivity, and quality.
- Reviews key HR metrics, analyses route causes and trends and recommends appropriate actions to meet goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years HR experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Functional knowledge of governmental regulations and Laws that impact employee relations
- Strong interpersonal relationship competency
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Action oriented; ability to drive change
- Well-developed influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong facilitation / coaching skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Organizational Development, Psychology, or Business Administration from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Experience supporting remote employees
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time