Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Material Planner- TRUCK
- Manages current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- Ensure planning data parameters of items (order policies, safety stock level, make/buy, lead-times for manufactured parts).
- Ensures required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to allocate, purchase, internally manufacture or reschedule material as required.
- Balances current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- Expedites material, where required to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements.
- Analyse data, including enterprise requirements planning (ERP) information. Prepare reports as required to facilitate and recommend actions that ensures optimal supply chain execution.
- Maintains the accuracy and validity of the item master and related planning data in the ERP system through regular reviews of the item planning data that ensures MRP processing is being driven by accurate planning data.
- Analyse data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels and reduce total costs through regular review of Inventory planning parameters that includes Min & Max values, reorder point, safety stock and lot sizes (order quantities).
- Manages material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases.
- Ensures Work Orders are controlled and released at a set production level in alignment with system demand with an expected and predictable throughput time.
- Print and organise production paperwork (Work orders) and maintain production visibility through visual management tools.
- Help manage new product set-up to include Prototype parts, drop shipments.
- Produce delivery paperwork where required
Diploma/Degree in Supply Chain Management
Manufacturing industry experience
Experience and knowledge of ERP MRP systems (preferably MFG Pro/ Optimiza)
Material scheduling experience, Lean Management principles and knowledge
Detail orientated analytical skills
Ability to work effectively within teams
Strong communication and presentation skills
Production and inventory management
MS Office proficiency
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No