Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton Hydraulics Division has an opening for :
Location: Havant - UK
The primary function is to be a qualified Quality Professional and technical expert to the Product Focused Team, driving EQS policies and EBS implementation, liaising with customers and suppliers, and driving step change improvements in both product and service quality to improve customer service, eliminate waste, improve process capability and drive down costs.
As a Six Sigma Green Belt and a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) you will be a problem solving expert, leading and providing expertise to the Product Focused Team as it implements changes and improvements to achieve goals. An important feature of the position is the ownership of quality within the Product Focused Team, managing time and other resources so that essential functions are completed, rather than attending the site for 37 ½ hours per week.
- Take total ownership of the customer relationship for related quality issues, liaising with customers and reacting to their immediate needs (including customer visits), whilst arranging timely improvements to ensure ongoing and increased satisfaction.
- Manage Eaton Quality System policies within the Product Focused Team, ensuring all policies are implemented and deployed in conjunction with Eaton requirements, focusing on those policies most relevant to the product family.
- As a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt and a Certified Quality Engineer, use DMAIC, 8D and other tools to solve problems in a timely manner in conjunction with other team members, especially those issues which are ‘needle movers’ (eg those relating to first time test failure).
- Drive the improvement in supplied part quality, using Wisper to manage supplier improvement, including supplier dppm, by initiating supplier containment and corrective actions, initiating supplier debits, entering part characteristics, appraising incoming parts, assessing suppliers as necessary, while supporting supplier development and the PPAP process.
- Accelerate plant quality improvements, ensuring non conformance activity is completed in a timely manner, with all non conforming parts reviewed and dispositioned daily so there are no outstanding supplier returns or any unprocessed scrap at the end of each month.
- Take ownership and be totally responsible for the appraisal of related parts, using both simple and complex measuring equipment whilst developing acceptable measurement system
- Six Sigma, Lean and other quality related knowledge – Cpk, MSA, Cause & Effect, Pareto, Process Mapping, ELS, PFMEA, Control Plans, Sampling Plans, APQP, PPAP, EBEA, ISO9001:2000
- Required Credentials – Six Sigma Green Belt, ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), First Line leadership knowledge and skills associated with Flex.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required
- The capability to develop quickly to be able to complete all essential functions
- Team player, especially within the Product Focus Team, plus the ability to build relationships with others, notably customers and suppliers
- Mobility needed, to visit other organizations, especially customer and suppliers
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time