Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Systems Support Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical Automation Solutions Division is hiring a Systems Support Engineer. The Systems Support Engineer will be based from our Plymouth, MN facility.
As a recognized employer of choice, Eaton Corporation recruits and retains talented employees who are interested in making a long-term commitment to an organization that continually invests in the latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment as well as its employees. Eaton’s Energy Automation Solutions business has an immediate opening for a Systems Support Engineer. This position is located in Plymouth, MN. The Energy Automation Solutions (EAS) division delivers intelligent energy solutions by combining power systems expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers generate, deliver, and manage energy safely, efficiently, and reliably. EAS provides a range of power delivery and reliability, automation and control, advanced metering and demand response solutions designed to increase efficiency and smart operations. The EAS business serves customers in the utility, commercial, industrial, mining, renewable energy and other markets. With a spirit of innovation crossing decades, EAS is proud of its ground-breaking innovations through customer collaboration, long-standing commitment to investing in R&D, five Innovation Centers around the world, more than 10,000 patents held globally, and its award-winning solutions in power delivery, power quality, power reliability and end customer automation in the utility space. The technical skills, innovative thinking and the tireless dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest resources.
The Systems Support Engineer’s primary responsibility is to provide excellent customer service and technical support for Eaton’s Energy Automation Solution customers. The role is a full-time position with a normal work schedule of Monday through Friday. In this role, the engineer will also contribute to the company’s overall success by expanding its knowledge base, performing technical services for customers, and improving overall customer satisfaction.
- Provide first level technical support for EAS software and hardware products by phone and email during normal business hours.
- Participate in after-hours support rotation.
- Travel up to 10% to provide onsite support at customers’ premises.
- Provide excellent customer service by seeking to understand each customer’s issue.
- Identify and resolve the root cause of each customer’s issue.
- Collaborate with peers and cross functionally to resolve complex problems.
- Assist customers in better utilizing their EAS products through assessing their needs, performing training, and sharing best practices.
- Document all support performed in our service desk software.
- Grow our knowledge base by creating, revising, and peer reviewing KB articles.
- Participate in and lead continual learning seminars.
- Complete customer service projects and other tasks assigned by management.
- Be accountable for achieving key performance metric targets that contribute to the quality of our customers’ experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience. Will consider any customer service experience prior to earning a four year degree as well.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- Relocation is not available for this position. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the Plymouth, MN facility.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex issues on own and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts verbally and in writing to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer deliveries with competing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology) from an accredited institution.
- Experience working with enterprise software applications and computer networks.
- Engineering experience, technical support, or college internship in a technical discipline.
- Experience working with advanced metering infrastructure, demand response, distribution automation, and/or substation automation technologies.
- Experience using software such as customer relationship management (CRM), IT service management (ITSM), service desk, or similar applications.
- Experience participating in a well-known service management practice (e.g., ITIL).
- Member of an engineering society.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time