Director, Human Resources
- Work with the division leadership, functional leaders and site managers to drive change, aligning human resources programs and initiatives with strategic objectives and annual business goals. Drive unified plans with measurable objectives that support business, financial and employee engagement goals.
- Drive HR functional excellence through deployment of Eaton programs, ensuring quality of process and content and alignment with the EBS to achieve goals and objectives. Ensure that knowledge retention and sharing mechanisms are developed, continuously improved and sustained. Develop, optimize, document and standardize sustainable processes, sharing best practices across the division and larger organization.
- Manage and develop skills of the Human Resources team to support business initiatives and goals including direct and functional reports. Encourage and drive knowledge retention and best practice sharing across the division.
- Build organizational capability through ownership of talent management processes including acquisition, assessment, performance management, employee development, succession planning and retention. Manage and develop employee compensation/reward and recognition programs, driving pay-for-performance culture aligned with business objectives. Foster a culture of manager ownership and accountability of the employee life cycle.
- Drive positive employee relations to provide an optimal work environment for all employees. Effectively deploy communication plans and utilize assessment tools (e.g. the employee survey) to determine organizational issues and action plans. Exemplify and lead Eaton Values, Philosophy and Ethics.
- Provide leadership guidance and mentoring. Develop and implement solutions to organizational challenges by leading/coaching others through change.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of increasing responsibility in a progressive HR environment. Knowledge of relevant local/state/federal/provincial employment laws.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree and/or HR certification
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment or working with a large field-based organization.
- Experience with union labor relations and contract negotiations
- Significant experience with development of HR systems and strategies, leadership and organizational development and compensation administration.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time