Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Global Logistics Manager
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is seeking a Global Logistics Manager for its Electrical Products Group. The Global Logistics Manager will be based at its Syracuse, NY facility.
As the electrical industry's global leader for explosion proof and hazardous environments, Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Businesses constantly pushing forward and looking ahead, advancing electrical and instrumentation products in new and innovative ways. Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Business manufactures over 100,000 products for NEC and IEC applications, including: conduit fittings and cable glands, industrial control and electrical apparatus, enclosures, industrial luminaires (including LED), plugs and receptacles, drilling and marine products, commercial construction and solar solutions.
- The Global Logistics Manager is accountable to direct all transportation activities to assure that Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds business customers receive the most efficient and economical transportation of finished goods, supplies, raw materials and hazardous material in accordance with applicable governmental regulations and is accountable for the daily management of the Crouse-Hinds Logistics team.
- As Global Logistics Manager, the primary concerns are to apply and utilize knowledge of transportation law, federal and state regulations, freight classification, routing, rates, tracing, expediting and claims for both inbound and outbound shipments.
- This position negotiates with carriers' representatives, locally, nationally, and internationally. The Global Logistics Manager will represent Crouse-Hinds on the Eaton Corporate Logistics Council to obtain optimum rates and service.
- The Global Logistics Manager must know and maintain computer transportation rate maintenance, auditing and billing systems to effectively control and manage the payment of freight invoices.
- The Global Logistics Manager gives courteous consideration to customers in terms of requested service, interacting verbally and via written media with customers
- The Global Logistics Manager provides customized service like priority routing, expediting, tracing, tailgating, overnight, exclusive use and mediation of carrier/customer problems
- This position directs consigned shipments when consignee is changed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in logistics.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Masters degree from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated experience with global logistics analysis and management.
- Demonstrated experience in global trade compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory role.
- Project management experience of cross-functional teams.
- Structured negotiation experience, including contract negotiation.
- Excel & MS Office proficiency, to include pivot tables and v look-ups.
- SAP proficiency.
- Up to 25% travel is required for this role.
- The Global Logistics Manager must be aware of market conditions (i.e. changing prices, supply considerations and demand variables) in his/her pertinent commodities of responsibility.
- This role establishes effective cross-functional relationships through product / process knowledge with Marketing, Engineering and Operations business partners, as well as suppliers, to achieve goals.
The Global Logistics Manager must possess a strong sense of urgency, ownership and effective communication skills.
- The Global Logistics Manager is a self-starter with a proven ability to lead a global team.
- This role requires attention to detail and an ability to transform the organization and lead change through innovative ideas and metrics-based results.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time