Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Machining
Eaton’s Aerospace Group located in North Charleston, SC has an opening for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to support the facility’s machining operations.
This position operates within the Charleston, SC Machining Center of Excellence and will focus on execution and implementation of best machining practices, including process troubleshooting and improvement, new product introduction, and advancements in machining technologies. This role requires knowledge and practical experience with a multitude of material removal processes including CNC turning, milling, grinding, broaching, hobbing, and honing.
- Delivers process improvement cost out initiatives:
- Cycle Time Reduction
- Tooling Cost Out
- Set-up Reduction
- Process Capability/First Pass Yield
- Introduce new products utilizing the PROLaunch process in accordance with established standards and best practices driving a right the first time philosophy.
- Participates as an active member in Rapid Improvement Events (RIE) to eliminate waste and drive standardization.
- Researches, justifies and implements new technology as part of the site’s capital strategy.
- Develops and implements effective mistake proofing as part of continuous improvement and root cause/corrective action.
- Supports development and execution of overall manufacturing strategy that supports the site’s business strategy to meet cost, quality and delivery.
- Participates as an active team member to address safety concerns in areas such as lock out tag out, machine guarding, and ergonomics.
- Follow all Eaton safety policies and standards
- Fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 2 years of prior Manufacturing Engineering experience required
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- B.S. Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- 5+ years of prior Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Prior Machining Experience a plus
- Hands on mechanical/manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge of production processes, lean manufacturing and quality control techniques, 5S, Six Sigma, and Quality systems (e.g. QS 9000, ISO 14001, ISO-9001, AS9100) preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- PMP Certification
- Experienced in additional CAM softwares such as: GibbsCAM, Esprit etc.
- Vericut knowledge and application
- Experience with Fixed and Controlled Processes
- Experience with PPAP
- CMM Programming Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong leadership and teaming skills, solid analytical and reasoning skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Subject Matter expertise in a minimum of two of the following material removal processes: turning, milling (3-5 axis), grinding (ID, OD, and Centerless), broaching, hobbing, and honing.
- Machining experience with a variety of metals/alloys such as Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Ductile Iron, Bronze, Titanium
- Subject Matter Expertise in MasterCAM programming including 5 axis and mill turn
- CAD Modeling experience: Solidworks/AutoCAD
- Practical experience in mistake proofing (Poka-Yoke)
- Experienced in the design of simple jigs and fixtures
- Proficient in the interpretation and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Process oriented and ability to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of problem solving methodologies and risk assessment tools (Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis, PFMEA)
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time