Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Cooper B-Line Division is seeking an Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager for the Pinckneyville, IL facility.
This position is responsible for directing EHS activities at site, establishing EHS objectives and targets, and ensuring documents are available in the local languages. The perspective candidate will also maintain site ISO/OHSAS certifications, ensure accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics and closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings, manage interfaces with public and governmental authorities, and direct actions during crises.
- Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Works to assign MESH (safety management) element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through the Safety Committee, safety related kaizen events, and weekly gemba walks needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance of EHS local, state and federal regulations.
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
- Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place.
- Create a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
- Establishes and promotes the maintenance of safe and healthy working conditions, and recommends measures to reduce or eliminate industrial accident and health hazards in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum two (2) years of prior Environmental, Health, or Safety experience or a combination of those functions
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Environmental Management, Occupational Health and Safety, or Environmental Health and Safety from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in EHS (Environmental Health & Safety)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Experience working within a unionized facility
- Understands OSHA regulations
- Lean Fundamentals understanding
- Understanding of ISO 14001 standards and internal auditor
- Experience with workers compensation
- Fall protection certifications
- Certified Industrial Vehicle Instructor
- Demonstrated experience with safety programs
- Ergonomics experience
- Proven track record of safety metric performance and improvement
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time