Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Global Quality
- Execute a divisional quality strategy to achieve the short and long-range quality objectives of the business.
- Drive the quality mindset of the entire division in all areas including product design, sourcing, supply chain, manufacturing, distribution, customer service and all supporting functions.
- Leads the development of employees in the quality team through training, employee meetings, and setting and meeting performance expectations.
- Top quality representative for third party registration (ISO-9000, QS-9000) activity, and oversees the implementation and maintenance of any such registration at the division level.
- Frequent travel to all major company locations, external suppliers and key customers to provide leadership and assure systems are operating effectively.
- Designs, implements, measures and executes processes to assure quality expectations are met in product design, sourcing, purchase of finished goods, services business, and other non-manufacturing related functions which impact customers.
- Assures systems are in place so that appropriate corrective actions are taken to address any nonconformance or customer reported incidents or claims. Proactively seeks out customer feedback through regular direct contact with key customers.
- Maintains alignment between the Eaton quality leadership team and the Crouse-Hinds management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred, advanced degree a plus.
- Advanced business or technical degree and formal training / certification in project management, quality management, six sigma, and lean concepts is preferred
- 15 or more years of Quality functional leadership experience in a global $1B+ product manufacturing environment, with 5 or more years leading quality teams at the plant level.
- Experience in developing and executing a successful Quality strategy for a diverse global manufacturing company that serves to improve the external experience of our customers and lowers our cost of non-conformance.
- Superior business leadership skills and acumen along with a demonstrated ability to weigh the financial needs of the business with the investments necessary to achieve the quality goals of the business.
- Experience leading the Quality function in a multi-site, global manufacturing environment with more than 20 total plants spanning the Americas, Europe and Asia.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to take complex situations and distill them down to their fundamental elements to enable meaningful discussion.
- Proven success at the senior leadership level which demonstrates the candidate’s ability to deliver clear business value from the Quality function.
- Experience in leading centralized functional quality teams in the new product quality, manufactured quality, supplier quality, facility certifications and quality information systems areas as well as leading regional quality managers that are directly responsible for the quality performance of the factories.
- Experience and familiarly with modern Quality Assurance techniques including Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
- Experience with developing meaningful metrics and measures that fairly and accurately indicate the quality performance of the business.
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate, and develop a professional, high performing staff. Emphasize the equal importance of business results and emotional intelligence competency development
- Experience partnering with a senior leadership team in an environment of consistent growth and changing business cultures.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time