Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Plant Controller/ Werkscontroller (m/f)
Eaton's Vehicle Division has an opening for a:
Plant Controller/ Werkscontroller (m/f)
Location: Nordhausen, Germany
- Develop and coordinate plant profit plans, monthly forecasts, goals & objectives, financial reconciliations, reports and analysis for plant management.
- Advice and counsel plant management on financial implications of operating strategies, cost control actions and decisions;
- Review, analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy, consistency and transparency. Maintain integrity of financial reports prepared by the plant;
- Interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and local statutory requirements;
- Develop and implement budgeting and financial reporting systems to provide timely and relevant information to plant, region/division, and corporate management and cost control. Control and maintain adequate product costing systems for valuation and cost estimating activities
- Ownership of account reconciliation process to maintain integrity of plant general ledger and its supporting sub-systems.
- Establish, monitor and maintain a system of internal controls that safeguards company asset and provides for integrity and propriety of financial transactions and activities. Compliance with corporate policy, including SOX;
- Evaluate and approve plant capital appropriation requests prior to region/division and corporate management approval. Monitor and report purchase commitments and spending for all capital programs.
- Leads and supervisors controlling team. Build organizational capability in finance function
- Manages the deployment of cost saving and other programs to provide operating economies and improve profitability
- Ensure compliance with local GAAP, statutory and fiscal requirements, as required
- Lead ad hoc projects as required including appropriate ERP implementations and system upgrades, business development initiatives such as new business opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Business Administration Experience of minimum five years of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment, including the preparation of the monthly P&L and Balance Sheet
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems to include word processing and spreadsheet software (e.g. Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Knowledge German HGB and US GAAP
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley regulation and controls
- Knowledge of integrated computer manufacturing and ERP systems, preferable SAP
- German and English language fluency is required
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Permanent contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time