Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Application Engineer / Anwendungstechniker
Promotes product sales to existing customers and identifies potential new customers. Develops proposals, assesses customer needs in order to recommend appropriate products/services. May customize product in order to meet client requirements. Provides technical support to clients after the sale of the product, troubleshoots technical problems. May provide technical training to customers staff. Recommends product improvements to design staff in response to customer feedback.
Main Tasks :
The priority of the tasks is first for the Walterscheid product and machine program but also for the other Fluid Conveance products.
B. Assessment of the justification of complaints and application problems due examinations as well as information exchange with the quality and warranty process
C. Close collaboration with the sales, product management and engineering departments to support all activities to increase sales, customer satisfaction and long-term relationship.
D. Creation of training concepts and documentation, of PowerPoint presentations using the available work techniques.
E. Planning and implementation of product and user training courses, seminars, customer support at trade fairs and end customer presentations as well as teaching events.
F. Planning and carrying out of power measurements at the customer as well as in the test department with evaluation of the measuring results for the purpose of interpreting the actual state and suggestions for solutions.
G. Identify new opportunities for the existing business in the short and medium term by recognizing and documenting market trends, development trends, accurate knowledge of the competition products and the specific situation on the customer side.
H. Incorporation of samples and verification of their proper functioning.
I. Verification of rental and customer machines and tools to ensure functionality in the application with EATON products.
J. Preparation of visitor reports.
K. Use of the respective EATON-CRM, currently C360 for the administration of corporate data, for the documentation of activities, for the production of "Sales Leads" and for explaining the activity history with the customers.
L. Planning and implementation of activities to take account of EATON products in customer specifications / regulations / specifications especially for the automotive industry, shipping / marine and chemicals.
• At least 3-5 years of practical and technical experience in fluid power / fluid
conveyance business or in the hydraulic sector
• Completed technical vocational training.
• Strategic thinking.
• Very good social behavior.
• Strong ability to advise and influence.
• Good "Team Player".
• Ability to process multiple projects and customer relationships at the same time.
• Establish relationships with the most important (target) customers.
• Prioritization / differentiation between short and medium term activities
Consideration of the Eaton objectives.
• Knowledge of all EATON-Fluid-Conveyance products
• Product knowledge of the competition
• PC knowledge in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint, C360, PowerSource,
Eaton's Technical database and Intranet
• Knowledge of applicable standards and regulations
• Very good technical understanding of the applications for "Fluid Conveyance"
Products also desirable for "Power Motion Control" products.
• Fluent German and English language skills in spoken and written are absolutely necessary.
• Feel comfortable in dealing with dealers and OEMs, and is able to leverage the potential relationship between these two types of customers for the Eaton business.
• Understand the international organizational structure of EATON.
• Professional behavior with regard to efficiency and effectiveness.
• Proactive and inspiring.
• Analytical thinking.
• Integer and ethical.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time