Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Acquisition Analysis
Eaton’s Corporate Sector is seeking a Manager of Acquisition Analysis. The Manager of Acquisition Analysis will be based at our Corporate Headquarters in Beachwood, OH.
The Manager of Acquisition Analysis is responsible for the coordination and management of buy and sell-side financial due diligence projects in support of the valuation process of potential acquisition targets or divestments.
- Leads and manages the global financial due diligence function within Eaton’s Corporate Development & Planning department
- Analyzes historical and projected financial statements of acquisition targets in order to identify pro forma income statement and balance sheet adjustments for use in valuation of a business enterprise.
- Identifies, disseminates, and communicates transaction-related accounting and finance issues that impact business valuation
- Understands and analyzes those accounting related issues impacting value that are specific to international transactions, including foreign exchange and foreign-GAAP accounting principles
- Identifies, quantifies, and communicates one-time and non-operating cash flows impacting acquisition value
- Leads financial due diligence interviews with CFO / Controller of acquisition targets
- Provides technical accounting guidance to the corporate development department, senior management, and the operations
- Prepares analysis and recommends the appropriate structure of purchase price adjustment mechanisms that are incorporated into sales and purchase agreements
- Assists in the negotiation and preparation of key financial terms and conditions embedded in sales and purchase agreements, including price adjustment mechanisms, financial representations and warranties, and transitional service agreements
- Provides guidance, assistance, and direction to the corporate accounting department responsible for the closing balance sheet review and calculation of the post-closing purchase price adjustment
- Manages the work and cost of outside consultants when applicable
- Mentors and provides direction to other team members and works collaboratively in a face-paced, cross-border environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of Public accounting audit experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Licensed as a certified public accountant (CPA)
- At least 3 years of financial due diligence experience, preferably with a Big 4 accounting firm or investment banking firm.
- Solid understanding of valuation and valuation techniques, including discounted cash flow.
- Solid senior-level communications and presentation skills.
- Advanced Excel skills is a must.
- Advanced Powerpoint skills is a plus.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Development Planning
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time