Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
The primary responsibility of this role is to design and develop LV switchgears to meet customer specific technical, cost and market related technology requirement in accordance with IEC standards
1. Demonstrated capability in design of LV equipment like MCC, PCC, Switchboard etc.
2. Completes system / component sizing, modeling, and simulation to meet Power panels, switchboard requirements
3. Select engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations
4. Modify existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement
5. Candidate will have the opportunity to design, validate & release Low Voltage switchgear systems for the safe and efficient power distribution and protection in varied applications such as Oil & Gas, Industrial and Commercial distribution. Enclosed product can include short circuit protective devices, variable speed drives, reduced voltage soft-starters and IEC starters.
6. As a Lead Engineer the candidate will be accountable for creating and executing a project plan. They will be the core technical expert on a project, and will also be responsible for finding and leveraging ancillary resources to create a project team.
7. Candidate will gain exposure to Eaton leaders as the Lead Engineer is responsible for reporting on project status to senior management during portfolio reviews.
8. Candidate will gain experience on a multi-functional project team with exposure to senior level management to drive new product introduction through a phase gate system.
9. Candidate will get hands-on laboratory experience. Owns development of test plans for short circuit, temperature rise, arc test in accordance with IEC/UL standards. Creates test object requirements, plan for assembly and finalize test parameters & instrumentation. Responsible for conducting tests by ensuring deployment of standard practices. Assesses test results, root cause analysis through test findings/failures and takes corrective/preventive actions
10. Candidate will have accountability for overall system design including component selection and mechanical package design. This includes 3D layout and electrical schematic creation for packaged designs primarily utilizing the Autodesk suite. Candidate will leverage internal drafting resources to ensure a comprehensive release package, including all associated metadata, compliant with Eaton design practices.
11. Candidate will have an opportunity to learn industry standards (UL, IEC, Seismic, etc.) while leveraging our internal certification team to ensure product compliance.
12. Candidate will partner with internal industrialization team to implement new manufacturing tools and techniques to drive differentiated operational excellence into the product line.
13. Candidate will support our operations teams with product line support, quality and VAVE activities.
14. Travel to our plant, vendor, and customer sites likely not to exceed 15%.
Performs other duties as required to achieve departmental and division objectives. This may include flexing to other product line teams
Impacts new product costs, development expenses, quality, on-time to launch, sales volumes, safety, customer relationships and satisfaction.
- Master’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical, industrial, or electrical from an accredited institution with
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
· New Product Development and/or Product Line Support experience
· 3D CAD package familiarity (Autodesk Inventor/Pro-E)
· Operations experience
· Interest in designing optimized packaged control systems for new project construction and major OEMs
· Comfort with electrical schematics
· Excel intermediate to expert skills
· Comfort with organizing large amounts of metadata
· DFSS or DMAIC knowledge
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time