Divisional Engineering Director
Eaton has an opening for a:
Divisional Engineering Director
- Defines innovative product and technology roadmaps in concert with product line managers and business leaders
- Support and encourage the building of organizational capability through coaching and performance management initiatives and via the selective recruitment of top talent Supports the various Product Line Managers by facilitating/driving/reviewing product development cycles on new products from concept to launch, including specification, design, validation, and certification testing using the ProLaunch (phase gate) process.
- Drives design for manufacturability best practices and partner closely with Operations leadership to ensure the smooth introduction of products into manufacture.
- Drives continuous improvement by implementing value add/value engineering (VA/VE) projects to achieve annual cost reduction goals.
- Implements and reviews appropriate change control process at a Divisional level to ensure that engineering modifications are correctly evaluated and defined prior to implementation.
- Champions process improvements that result in significant reduction in time-to-market and overall improvements in engineering productivity.
- Lead the divisional approach towards Product Data Stewarding, liaising with pan Electrical Sector teams to ensure a consistent approach.
- Liaises and sits on appropriate international regulatory groups to ensure that detailed understanding and precise application of the standards is a source of competitive advantage
- Works with the ES VP of Engineering, Centres of Excellence and other technical directors to advance innovation and leverage synergies across platforms.
- Lead on behalf of the division the engineering resource from Pune / Prague or the other engineering functional centres of excellence within Eaton to ensure that we can leverage the best engineering solutions for the wider LSD business.
- Highly innovative, disciplined, and results-oriented individual who has the motivation and commitment to succeed in a dynamic, changing environment
- Demonstrable ability to build and develop an effective technology-focused organization
- A full appreciation of the engineering disciplines associated with Product Design including Electronic Circuit Design, Firmware/Software design and Mechanical Design
- Experience of full lifecycle management, i.e. taking products through a structured stage gate process from concept through to volume manufacture
- Possess working knowledge of associated electronic standards and test procedures
- A developed and proven technical project management skill set gained in a complex multi-project environment
- A demonstrable ability to manage a multi-disciplined, multi-site development team
- Strong business acumen with potential for career advancement in Eaton
- Ability to interact successfully with other disciplines to seek out solutions to problems
- Strong executive presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of standards relating to Life Safety Products would be advantageous
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time