Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Create detailed specifications in cooperation with the (project) team based on customer/market requirements
Research function and performance of mechatronic components integrated in industrial switchgear devices and automation products - build competency around magnetic sensing and actuation technologies
Use state-of-the-art tools (CAE, CAD, …) during development to design mechanical components and electronics, support layout team to finish PCB design and drafting team to finish CAD documentation
Observe and evaluate available and novel technologies, components and tools
Develop functional solutions, meet product and manufacturability requirements as well as cost targets - conceptualize and conduct simulation and test programs on new sensing and actuation concepts and components
Plan, align, prepare, coordinate, and analyze necessary tests during development, validation and verification phase
Assist in creating schedules, complete project design tasks within schedule
Support purchasing department / section / staff in selection of suppliers
Contribute to test specifications; conduct tests to verify existing design
Prepare and provide the necessary documentation
- Bachelor degree in mechatronics (preferred), mechanical or electrical engineering
- Work experience as a design engineer or outstanding graduate with background in the technology area
- Experience in applying computer simulation methodologies for concept selection and design validation
- Good knowledge about material properties and mechatronic components design, clear understanding of electronics technologies and components for actuation
- Experience in designing parts and assemblies consisting of electromechanical and electronic components (2D and 3D)
- Capability to define and conduct tests (e.g. temperature, functional, electrical safety) for functional samples
What Eaton offers:
- Unique, challenging projects in a friendly & collaborative team
- Focus on people, learning & development
- On site laboratories, strong ties with Czech universities
- Fantastic opportunities for sport, cultural, family, and outdoor activities
- Flexible working hours
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time