Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Arc Modeling and Simulation Senior Engineer
Applies mathematical modeling and numerical simulation to electrical switching arc physics
Develops simulation tools applicable to a variety of electrical products to enhance state of the art Arc Modeling & Simulation technologies
Supports the transition of the AMS methodology
Supports global strategies for technology roadmaps Becomes a subject matter expert in AMS Technologies. This includes participation in external industry and technical groups, mentoring junior level staff and consulting internal business and engineering partners
Initiates and develops solid relationships with both engineering and business leaders within Eaton to drive adoption of the methodologies
Partners with relevant external technology organizations and universities to advance AMS methodologies and tools.
Prepares government proposals. Actively contributes to IP generation
Contributes in Innovation Events from the Business units.
- MS in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or applied physics or equivalent
- Experience in numerical modelling & simulation
- Very good understanding of physics of switching & its related applications
- Excellent mathematical understanding of differential equations
- Proficient use of ‘state of the art’ simulation tools, e.g. Ansys, Fluent and
- Advanced programming skills, e.g. in C++, Perl
- Understanding of electrical power distribution, protection and switching such as circuit breakers, contactors, and motor starters
- Fluent English
Preferred Specialized Knowledge:
- PhD in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or applied physics or equivalent
- Numerical modeling of arc discharge, fluid dynamics and electromagnetics
- Arc behavior in switching devices, Interruption of AC and DC circuits and interaction between arc plasma and different insulation materials and gases
What Eaton offers:
- Unique, challenging projects in a friendly & collaborative team
- Diverse working environment - open and professional atmosphere at all management levels
- Focus on people, learning & development
- On site laboratories, strong ties with Czech universities
- Fantastic opportunities for sport, cultural, family, and outdoor activities
- Flexible working hours
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time