Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Regional Sales Manager
- Establish sales goals to ensure market share and profitability of products and/or services in East Africa;
- Develop and execute sales plans and programs, both short and long range, to ensure the profit growth and expansion of company products and/or services;
- Analyze competitor activity and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors so that market opportunities may be capitalized
- Drive the organization's promotion activities through the various sales channels;
- Develop and recommend pricing strategy for the organization which will result in the greatest share of the market over the long run;
- Achieve satisfactory profitability and market share in relation to pre-set standards and specific trends within the industry and the economy;
- Evaluate sales reactions to advertising programs and product packaging to meet changing market and competitive conditions;
- Recommend changes in sales structure to ensure effective fulfillment of business objectives and provide the flexibility to move swiftly in relation to market problems and opportunities
- Prepare periodic sales activity and strategy reports for senior management. Evaluate information based on marketing surveys on current and new product concepts;
- Provide operational leadership to the East Africa team as required;
- Act as a role model for Eaton ethical standard of conduct
- Identify and develop possibilities for future business growth;
- Up hold Eaton’s activities in protecting the company’s Intellectual Property.
- Responsible for achieving the Profit Plan targets set each year by the Africa organization for the nine countries in the region.
- Responsible for managing expenses
- Responsible for implementing price objectives set by product group.
- Responsible for rolling out marketing strategies set by the company for the region and aligned to the Africa plan.
- Graduate degree in electrical engineering or equivalent. (Master’s degree an advantage)
- 7+ years managerial experience in the electrical industry.
- Proven track record of achieving business success as a Manager.
- Experienced manager of people, with track record of managing a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate independently, with no or little supervision.
- Strong ability to interpret common technical catalogues, financial reports, and legal documents such as contracts and channel partner agreements.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or customer complaints, regulatory authorities, or members of the business community
- Ability to represent Eaton to senior managers externally and internally.
- Command of the Swahili language an added advantage.
- A valid Driver’s License
- Comprehensive knowledge of products applicable to the East Africa region such as; UPS’s, Power Distribution, Fire & Safety, Lighting and Lighting Controls.
Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time