Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Commodity Manager, Titchfield
This role is responsible for strategic development and implementation of commodity strategies throughout our Aerospace operations. Your goal will be to reduce costs by implementing a whole range of sourcing activities. You will be managing commodity and negotiations strategies, evaluating supplier selection including logistics suppliers and aligning Aerospace supplier agreements with corporate's.
Our Aerospace Division manufactures completely new parts for aerospace and defence organisations as well as modifies existing product lines. Our client base is global and includes some of the leading industry names.
Eaton is a world leader in aerospace technologies. We design, manufacture and integrate the industry’s most advanced products for Hydraulic Systems, Fuel and Inerting Systems, Motion Control and Engine Solutions.
For more information, please check our website: www.eaton.com
• Creating, implementing and maintaining strategic sourcing strategies for a commodity portfolio
• Undertaking supplier and spend analysis
• Developing and implementing commodity strategies in order to implement efficiencies and reduce costs
• Coordinating activities with corporate, group, division and site management and working closely with site Supply Chain Managers
• Developing a commodity supply base which creates a competitive advantage for Eaton Aerospace
• Driving savings expectations in line with business strategy and profitability goals
• Reporting on priority projects and savings
• Training supply chain personnel across the business on strategic sourcing processes
• Degree in business/ supply chain management/ operations/ engineering
• Strong experience in supply chain/ purchasing
• Through understanding of supply chain operational concepts
• Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodology
• Background in engineering or manufacturing business
• Detailed knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
What Eaton offers:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
• Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time